Everytime I had stomach pain or fell ill my mom would make the tastiest khichdi for me, but as i grew up I started cooking khichdi for breakfast and not just at times of illness. I find Khichdi a tasty meal which is high on nutrients and low on fats. I have tried a lot of variations of the khichdi and one among them is the Methi ki Khichdi. Its simple and hardly takes 10 minutes for preparation if you have all the ingredients for it stacked up.
Next time you wake up hungry and want something tasty and hot and filling , go for the methi ki khichdi!
- Fenugreek seeds
- Methi Leaves
- 2 tsps Ghee
- Coriander leaves
- 1 Cup finely sliced Onions
- Green Chillies
- Spices: Salt, Turmeric powder
Method:1. Wash and soak rice and fenugreek seeds separately for half an hour.
2. Wash coriander leaves and methi leaves and grind them into a paste
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add soaked fenugreek seeds to it. Let it sputter.
3. Now add the finely sliced onions to the oil. (Optional)
4. Add green chilies and the grinded paste to it.
5.Now add turmeric powder, salt and water(2 1/4 of the rice soaked) to the pressure cooker
6. Let the water come to boiling point. Now add the soaked rice and let it cook till the pressure cooker whistles twice or thrice.
Serve hot with curd or pickle and don’t forget to eat the hot tasty khichdi with ghee ! Enjoy your quick khichdi !